I always thought Brayden would be my first child either break something or need stitches. As it turns out yesterday Becca beat him to it. Some how Becca managed to give herself a nice little laceration above her eye yesterday. She gets so excited and for some reason she took off running around the corner into the front room and ran full out into a rocking chair. Of course it was Sunday so both minor ER's were not open for a couple of hours. After having lunch we set out to see the Dr...Brayden was talking Becca's ear off about having to get a shot, which was more upsetting to her than the actual blood and cut. After seeing the lines at both places I decided to just head to the Ped ER at the hospital. It was not a good decision and just as busy. Anyway, after about 3 hours we did finally get a bed. Becca was so good, never complaining-didn't even cry when they showed her the needle of lidocaine-it had the cap on and she thought it was just a poker. She was so brave and laid on the bed under all the drapes-couldn't even see me and let the Dr do her thing. I don't understand how she can scream and get so upset about falling or getting a little scrape and yesterday she was just a little trooper. She ended up with four stitches and doesn't really seem fazed by it at all. I on the other hand am done with ER waiting-it is like going to work but being stuck in a corner and being told to sit on your hands and not do a thing-always hard for me to do.
So here is my BIG/Little girl with her first and hopefully last set of stitches

3 comments:
oh, such a cute picture-but not fun circumstances. I hope that it heals up quickly-tell her I am proud of what a tough girl she was yesterday. Hopefully its the last time for stitches but somehow I can see Brayden doing something...
It was good talking to you this morning!
What a day! the ER system is not fun! glad becca was a trooper...she looks so cute in her pictures.
i want to write more but have somehow misplaced your email address...can you email it to me? thanks, rachel
I can totally relate to the stitches. Joshua (my middle child) has had stitches three times. He has matching scars on his forehead and one on his nose. My other two haven't had to have any stitches yet. It's pretty much a miracle that Jacob (my youngest) hasn't had any. He's my daredevil.
Post a Comment